“This is our generation. This is our generation!” My soul soared as I overheard a group of pro-life students excitedly remarking this as their fellow classmates filed into the auditorium for a presentation that I was giving recently in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
The ‘pro-life generation.’ We hear this a lot, don’t we? What exactly does that mean? What does it look like?
In my experience, the pro-life generation looks like:
1) Hundreds of 10th grade students hanging on every word of an hour long presentation on the sanctity of life.
2) Students in a high school’s pro-life organization being cheered on by their fellow classmates as they introduce me as their speaker and lead the class in prayer.
3) A high school student bravely sharing with me one on one that he believes that his girlfriend is pregnant, and that although both his and her families are not supportive of the pregnancy, although he is worried and scared, he is excited by the knowledge that he created a life.
4) A high school student reaching out for support for her friend that is the survivor of a failed abortion.
5) Survivors like Courtney and Josiah (visit www.theabortionsurvivors.com for more information on their life stories) whose pro-life witness as adolescents are making a great impact on other members of the pro-life generation.
THIS is the pro-life generation. And I am blessed to be just a small part of cultivating it.